Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Fourth of July Graphics

Use em' to decorate your blog!
        Use em' to adorn your scrapbooks!
                Use em' here and there!
                        Use em' EVERYWHERE!

ha ha ha

So, these are all freebies.... and not to boast but they are pretty stink in good. So, why are they free and not going in my purchasable bundles? Cause sadly I can't take credit for the actual artwork this time around. I really wanted to do some graphics for the fourth but I ran out of time to doodle. So, I found some cool vintage graphics and I colored them, recolored them, modified them... etc.

All the links to where you can see the original images are included.


Hope you enjoy!

Lady Liberty
On a tablet inside the pedestal is engraved the following sonnet, written by Emma Lazarus (1849-1887):


The New Colossus

Not like the brazen giant of Greek fame. 
With conquering limbs astride from land to land; 
Here at our sea-washed, sunset gates shall stand 
A mighty woman with a torch, whose flame 
Is the imprisoned lightning, and her name Mother of Exiles
From her beacon-hand  Glows world-wide welcome
her mild eyes command 
The air-bridged harbor that twin cities frame. 

"Keep, ancient lands, your storied pomp!" cries she 
With silent lips. "Give me your tired, your poor, 

Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, 
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore. 
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me, 
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"








I picked up this graphic over at The Graphics Fairy 
It is a lady liberty depiction from an early Typography book. 
I think it would make a lovely addition to a scrapbook page about how your fourth of July went 
or perhaps on a page in memorial to a fallen solider or any type of patriotic page. 
It is a beautiful image and it was fun to paint. 

As always as I ask you give credit where it is due. I do not know the actual artist of this image but I didn't make it. 







I got these beauties from The Graphics Fairy as well. She has a lot of really great stuff over there. 
I recommend going and looking around in there. You might just find something you can't live without lol. 
These images are from an 1880's Printer's Book. Fantastic aren't they?!





These little cuties remind me of fireworks! Aren't they fun!
I found the template for the flowers at Pixel Scrapper.  

I also got this template from Pixel Scrapper. I did all the coloring myself and the layering. Each layer is it's own image. I just stacked them on top of each other. The button was also from Pixel Scrapper. 



This Uncle Sam Tag is a the perfect addition to any scrapbook or card. I found the template for the tag at Pixel Scrapper as well as the spotted papers, the stars in the background and the tag behind Uncle Sam. Tons of cute digital scrapbooking stuff over there. Check it out! 

That's it for now for my Fourth of July Freebies. I might do some more tomorrow but for now, I have a BBQ to get ready for!

1 comment:

  1. Again. totally awesome, thanks for making them free to your peeps!

    ReplyDelete